2019 “COLLECTORS & COLLECTIBLE ARTISTS” SERIES SCHEDULE
I. ART COLLECTORS HOME TOUR
Sunday, February 17 - 12:00 pm - 5:30 pm: Collectors’ Home Tour! See how area Art Collectors - committed to collecting Northwest Louisiana Artists are Collecting and Displaying the work in their homes:
· Meet at JR GALLERY to see the collection of Jodie Glorioso and Rick Rose
· Tour Six Collectors’ Homes: Neil & Cindy Johnson, Nellie & Havard Scott, Betty & AJ Black, Liz Swaine and Steve Culp, and two more to be determined.
· Cost: Trolley Tour with Guide, Libations and Snacks - $40 each or $75 for two; Self-Guided Driving Tour - $15 in advance; $20 at the door
II. CRITICAL MASS: PERFORMING ARTS SHOWCASE
Tuesday, March 5 - 6:30 pm - 10:00 pm @ the Central ARTSTATION: See, Hear, Experience the PERFORMING ARTS SHOWCASE and meet the Collectible Performing Artists! FREE!
III. COLLECTIBLE ARTISTS EXHIBITION & COLLECTORS DISCUSSION
Wednesday, March 6- CRITICS & COLLECTORS & COLLECTIBLE ARTISTS MEET AND GREET AND … LEARN! 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM @ the Central ARTSTATION!
· Each Collectible Artist is featured in an Exhibition!
· Each Collector will meet Collectible Artists - one on one “Speed Meeting”
· The Critics will share why the selected Artists are considered Collectible
· The Critics will share why YOU should become a Collector of at least one Northwest Louisiana Artist that has been selected as “Collectible!”
IV. CRITICAL MASS: VISUAL AND LITERARY EXHIBITION OPENING
Friday, March 8 - 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm -OPENING OF CRITICAL MASS 7
· All Collectible Artists will have one work in the Exhibition - it’s another chance to see MORE work from the selected Artists!
· 5:30 - 6:30 pm: Announcement of the “Best in Show” Awards for Performing, Literary, and Visual Artists - led by the team of Critics!
· 6:45 pm - 8:30 pm: Celebrate the Works!
V. ARTIST STUDIO TOURS & MATCH PARTY
Saturday, March 9: Regional Studio Tours - Saturday, March 9, 9 am - 4 pm
· Critics and potential Collectors take a Trolley Tour to the home/office studios of the Collectible Artists: 9 am (continental breakfast) - 4 pm; starting at ARTSPACE.
· ALL Northwest Louisiana Artists (on the Directory) may open their Studio - there will be a map of all destinations…self-guided tour!
· 4:00 pm: COLLECTORS DECLARE THEIR COLLECTIBLE ARTIST!
· 6:00 pm: Collectors and Collectible Artists gather @ ARTSPACE to hear and celebrate the ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE “MATCH MAKING!” over refreshments